Sunday 19 December 2010

Christmas Pud Cupcakes!


Still on the theme of Christmas, I found this lovely recipe that includes chocolate (a must at Christmas!), sour cherries and soured cream. In the original recipe, these cupcakes are decorated with bay leaves so that it looks like a holly leaf with berries but I could not find any in the supermarkets, so decided to do without.

This tasty cupcake has melted chocolate as well as cocoa powder so it came out really moist and chocolatey. The recipe called for sour cherries but as I had some dried cranberries left over, I used a combination of both. Icing is once again a simple white frosting and decorated with a sour cherry or cranberry on top.

I ended up with 26 cupcakes so will be interesting to see how quickly they will go tomorrow with the ginger biscuits!

No comments:

Post a Comment