Thursday 16 December 2010

Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Milk Chocolate Icing!


We had an influx of new colleagues in the Office last week and chocolate seems to be a recurring theme with boys, so I decided to bake cupcakes with some chocolate in them to complement the cranberry & orange cupcakes.

The Husband tried these cupcakes without icing and thought they were really good. With the icing, he ate another two in the office the next day!

I also discovered why cupcakes are usually round as star-shaped and heart-shaped cupcakes actually turned out to be a nightmare to ice! I am sure it is fine if I am using sugar icing but because chocolate and cream cream icings are not as stiff, spreading them evenly takes more of an effort to get them right without having icing spreading off the edges!

My in-laws have also tried them and pronounced them 'quite tasty'. Together with the orange and cranberry cupcakes, the Office managed to finish 40 cupcakes in a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment