Thursday 16 December 2010

Pirate Birthday Cake!


I received a request from a friend to bake a birthday cake for her son last weekend. She was very taken with the raisin and chocolate sandwich cake that I did before so wanted a similar cake for the birthday boy.

The birthday was a pirate-themed one, so I baked the cake the night before and frost it for collection the day of the party. I was slightly worried as one of the cakes had sunk slightly in the middle but luckily the frosting was more than enough to make up for it. The cake was then decorated by my friend with the pirate decorations.

Post-party, she told me that when her partner came home with the cake in a Galaxy chocolate tin, she thought that he had gone out and bought chocolates. Apparently, the birthday boy thought so as well and put his hand in to come out with a palmful of icing which he ended up licking happily! His poor mother had to smooth over the icing to make sure the cake was presentable again. The entire cake was eaten by ten adults and six children in the afternoon.

1 comment: