Saturday 5 June 2010

Little Upside Down Blueberry Cakes!


Since blueberries are currently on sale, I decided to look for a recipe that requires blueberries. If you can remember, I have a lovely blueberry and lemon loaf recipe but I would prefer to bake something new. To make them extra special, I decided to bake them in heart-shaped moulds. The recipe originally makes only 6 cakes but using smaller heart-shaped moulds means I ended up with 11 instead. They tend to puff up like cupcakes in the oven but after 5 mins cooling in the pan, they settled down to a flat cake surface. They might look like muffins but they actually taste more cake-like in texture and not as crumbly. The Husband was not impressed but I thought they were quite tasty! The blueberries were semi-coated in brown sugar before the batter was spooned in so they have a nice not-too-sweet topping taste.

Will be bringing a couple over to the parents-in-law for dinner tonight so will you know how they fare then!

1 comment:

  1. Parents-in law have now eaten their bluberry cakes and enjoyed them. As one half of the in-laws I think maybe that I preferred the blueberry and lemon loaf but that is being picky. They went very well with a cup of Puer tea but as Wee-Li knows that is a remark often made by us. We always enjoy Wee-Li's baking even if our waistlines may grumble a little.

    ReplyDelete