Sunday 30 May 2010

Mini Coffee Cakes!


I bought a new bakebook and as I wanted to bake something easy and summery this weekend, I decided on this mini coffee cakes recipe which looked tasty and walnutty. Although the recipe asked for the walnuts to be chopped up finely, I decided to leave them as pieces to have the walnut look in the cakes. The icing consists of icing sugar and butter which makes a lovely butter icing. Despite 3 tbpns of strong coffee, the cakes do not taste of coffee at all and I wonder if I should try to mix it up a bit more by adding raisins or something else next time.

Anyway, the Husband pronounced it 'ok'. :) These cakes are really good with tea or coffee and have been happily consumed for breakfast at the office. They were finished in 2 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment