Sunday 2 May 2010

Chocolate Brownie Cake aka 'Ugly Cake'!


I baked this chocolate cake for the office sometime ago as it looked quite delicious. Despite its sunken appearance, the cake was a huge hit especially after 10 secs in the microwave to get it warmed up. The Husband is a huge fan of the cake and last November, suggested it as a birthday cake for his brother.

As the whole family are big fans of chocolate including the children, I was happy to oblige. However, I was quite upset at the look of the cake with its sunken middle which I do not think is what a birthday cake should look like, so I decided to bake another cake, a blueberry and lemon drizzle cake, as well for the occasion. I brought both cakes for the dinner party and they were both well-received. Hence, from that occasion, this cake was dubbed the 'Ugly Cake'.

This time, it was my sister-in-law's birthday. I know she is a fan of chocolate so the Husband once again recommended the 'Ugly cake'. To be honest, I think he just wanted a slice as throughout the process, he was asking if we could give a cake with a quarter slice missing although I do not think he was serious. :) As a treat, I made a full-sized cake as well as 2 muffin-sized mini ugly cakes. He was very happy when I gave him the mini ugly cakes.

We brought the cake over on a Saturday morning and only a slice was left by the end of the morning. Success!

1 comment:

  1. I wonder who ate the last slice. Just like people, you should not judge by appearances. Having tasted the 'ugly cake' I can say that it is delicious - an excellent cake for birthdays - could that be a hint?

    ReplyDelete