Sunday 30 May 2010

Caramel Apple Loaf Cake!


To keep to the summery theme, a light fruit cake seems appropriate. I found this caramel apple loaf cake online on one of my favourite websites and it looked delicious. I have never used a toffee topping before and this recipe seems like a good way to try something new. Apples and walnuts is also a new combination for me. I do not usually like to use apples in my baking as it usually requires grating and grating apples is hard work. In this case, the apples just needed to be cut into chunks and mix into the dough before baking. The walnuts are also used as the topping rather than mixed into the dough which I think helps to make it a proper apple loaf.

This has been a surprise hit in the office with comparison made to Pret's apple cake which I think is a compliment if it tastes as good as commercially-sold cakes! It was finished in 2 days which is quite impressive considering there were also mini coffee cakes and the team in the office was half the usual size this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment