Saturday 19 June 2010

Millionaire Shortbread!



Millionaire shortbread or caramel shortbread is believed to be of Scottish origin due to the use of shortbread. Because the team is having an offsite on Monday, I decided to bake this as it is easy to eat and an old favourite of the team. This is from a brilliant recipe I found online and I have been able to produce the same tasty results everytime.

The first layer is the shortbread, the filling is homemade caramel made out of condensed milk, golden syrup, brown sugar and butter and the topping is a layer of melted milk chocolate. I have used different types of brown sugar and milk as well as dark chocolate to the same tasty effect.

The Husband has already successfully sneaked a piece out of the tin when I was out this morning and claimed that he will only try to eat another 2 pieces tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment