Wednesday 24 March 2010

Chocolate Orange Cupcakes with Orange Cream Cheese Icing!


Since I got the cupcake book for Christmas, I have been quite keen to make as many different types of cupcakes as possible. My cupcakes used to be quite tasteless but with these new recipes, everything is turning out delicious. I have baked the carrot cupcakes twice, once for a friend's birthday, and both times were just as good.

These chocolate and orange cupcakes also turned out really light and delicious. The orange cream cheese icing complemented the cupcakes very well but they were yummy without as well. In this instance, my boss was quick to grab one early in the morning, especially since the boys in my team were back!

I also used my new silicone heart-shaped cupcake cases but they were not as non-stick as expected. In the end, some of the cupcakes got stuck and did not come out of the cases intact. Must remember to grease them next time!

There was only 1 cupcake left at the end of the day out of 12! A pretty good result considering there was chocolate cake as well which means everyone was high on chocolate that Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment