Monday 29 March 2010

Chicken Casserole with rice!


My first attempt at proper cooking! I managed to convince a friend to be my guinea pig and be the first to try my cooking. This is the starter from the Cooking School I attended that I just doubled up to make into a main course. Also, rather than making the puff pastry, I just cooked rice instead.

To my delight, she actually seemed to really like it and it actually turned out quite tasty without much seasoning, which is what I really cannot judge i.e. what does 'salt and pepper to taste' mean?

The photo does not look too appetising probably because I have already started eating it before I remembered to take a picture!

I cannot believe how long it took though. From weighing, chopping, dicing to finishing the actual cooking, it took an hour and a half! Maybe if I do it everyday, it gets easier and quicker but in the meantime, I think cookng can only be an weekend option.

Now, I just need to convince the Husband to try...

1 comment:

  1. I had the pleasure of trying out the tasty Chicken Casserole with rice, it was just yummy! I wouldn’t turn down another invite for Chicken Casserole with rice. K x

    ReplyDelete