Saturday 21 August 2010

Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes!


The sweetest cupcakes I have ever made!

This weekend, the Husband suggested a visit to the niece and nephew, so I thought I will bake a batch of cupcakes for them as a treat. Knowing they are quite fond of chocolcate, I found this lovely cupcake recipe online that allows the baker to use any kind of toppings to decorate the cupcakes. As I have recently bought some lovely sprinkles and elephant sugar shapes on sale, I was quite keen to use them.

These cupcakes are really easy to make by melting the butter, sugar and chocolate in a big saucepan before stirring in the eggs and vanilla extract. The chocolate mixture is then stirred into the flour before being poured into muffin cases. Although the recipe originally only indicated 12 cupcakes, I managed to get 18 round and 6 heart muffins in the end.

The fudge icing is made out of another 200g of chocolate, double cream and icing sugar which is really tasty and more than sufficient for 24 cupcakes.


The Husband has pronounced them 'ok' as I wanted him to try one before dropping off a batch for the niece and nephew. Anyway, I hope they are enjoying them right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment