Sunday 30 September 2012

Orange Chocolate Chip Cake!


It's the time of the year when we do a Charity Bake in the Office.

The boss outsourced his baking to me and asked for something orange. The Husband remembered a cake that my mother-in-law used to bake that was orange and chocolatey so asked for the recipe for me to bake.

This cake is absolutely fabulous and really simple. The cake is baked out of eggs, self-raising flour, butter, sugar, orange juice, orange zest, chocolate chips and walnuts. It is sandwiched with orange buttercream icing and then topped with chocolate fudge icing.

The best compliment from the Husband was 'it's exactly what I remembered it to be'.

The cake was 'sold' in a couple of hours!

I also baked an old favourite, the mango and chocolate brownies, which was 'sold' in an hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment