Sunday 18 March 2012

White Chocolate, Coconut & Cranberry Macaroons!


From the previous entry, you will know this weekend is macaroon weekend. This recipe is for a macaroon that does not require filling and so are much easier to make but obviously less pretty and less 'macaroon-like'.

The macaroon is baked out of egg whites, caster sugar, plain flour, vanilla extract, desiccated coconut, chopped white chocolate and cranberries. The 'dough' is then rolled into balls and each ball is then topped with a cranberry.

I thought they were really pretty but I think I might have over-baked them as they are not as chewy as I expected.

However, people seemed to like them!

Comment from a taster, "I particularly liked the macaroon with the fruit, nice and chewy for me."

No comments:

Post a Comment