Sunday 25 March 2012

Cupcake Class!


I went for a cupcake class this weekend to learn how to decorate cupcakes. The teacher was very nice and she bakes and sells cupcakes commercially.

Unfortunately the cupcakes we baked in the class turned out undercooked so the teacher kindly gave us a dozen of her own vanilla cupcakes to decorate.

I learnt to make sugar paste decorations with cutters and silicone mould. The different icing colours are made from white icing mixed with pink and purple paste colouring as are the different coloured sugar paste decorations.

Piping the icing is still a challenge for me but I realised that I was doing it all wrong as I was overfilling the piping bag, squeezing from the bottom rather than the top and not twisting the top of bag so that the icing can only go down when squeezed. Common sense, I know, but it helps to have a proper demonstration!

I thought the cupcakes looked beautiful when finished!

Sadly, the Husband was not impressed describing the cupcakes as rather bland, he didn't like the taste of the sugar paste decorations or the icing either.

Oh well, will try harder next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment