Sunday 14 August 2011

Mocha Cupcakes!


I bought a new cupcake recipe book today and thought that since the Office is quite keen on coffee, a mocha cupcake with chocolate icing should be quite suitable. I topped them with sugar balls to give them a dash of colour.

The recipe is a tad different as 250g of caster sugar is first melted with 250ml of water over the hob, and then 125g of butter, 2 tablespoons of instant coffee and cocoa powder and 1/2 tsp of soda bicarbonate are added into the sugar mix and brought to the boil before being cooled. Two eggs and 225g self raising flour are then added and beaten together. The final batter is quite watery and I was actually quite worried I might have missed something. However, the cupcakes came out beautifully but I have yet to try one, so will update on taste tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment