Sunday 30 January 2011

Marble Cake!



The Husband and I were invited over for dinner on Saturday night so I decided to use my new sunflower cake mould to bake a simple marble cake. I found a lovely recipe online for a 20" cake and as the sunflower cake is only 16.5", I used the rest of the batter to make daisy shaped marble cakes.

Marble cake is a mix of vanilla cake batter and vanilla cake batter with cocoa powder added to it! Just dollop the different colours into the cake tin, swirl with a skewer and you have marble cake!

Unfortunately I think I overestimated the baking time due to the new cake tin size and the top came out a tad crusty and dry. However, everyone at dinner seemed to enjoy it enough to ask for seconds! The Husband has pronounced it 'not one of your best' though...oh well....

No comments:

Post a Comment