Monday 12 July 2010

Raisin Oatmeal Coffee Cake!


As I was already planning to bake the mini egg and macadamia nut cookies, I decided to bake a healthier choice as an alternative. I found this lovely raisin (my favourite!) oatmeal coffe cake recipe in my collection.

Just for information, coffee cakes do not necessarily contain coffee but is more like a category of cakes intended to be served with coffee. According to Wikipedia, "coffee cakes are typically flavored with cinnamon, nuts and fruits. These cakes sometimes have a crumbly or crumb topping called streusel and/or a light glaze drizzle."

My raisin oatmeal coffee cake has a sweet streusel topping and filling which is made out of cinnamon, brown sugar, flour and butter. I think a mistake I made was to sprinkle the filling too thinly to end up with a topping that was too sweet but the office seems to like it well enough. I have also given a quarter of the cake to the parents-in-law so will be interested to see what they think as they really like the cookies!

The cake was also finished on the second day!

1 comment:

  1. Yes the parents-in-law thought that the cake was delicious. The filling was very yummy and maybe a little more would have been even better. we loved the topping and could really taste the cinnamon in it. Because the cake was perhaps more unusual than the cookies we rated it even higher.

    ReplyDelete