Monday 12 July 2010

Mini Egg & Macadamia Nut Cookies!


The Husband was going through the kitchen cupboards when he unearthed 3 packets of mini eggs that we bought on sale. Knowing that they will get eaten by the Husband if I do not bake with them, I checked my caramel egg slice recipe which required 500g of mini eggs. As I only had 300g, I went online to find an alternative recipe and found this cookie recipe instead which called for 285g of mini eggs but what is 15g more of chocolate in a cookie?

Although they do not look that great, these cookies turned out really tasty which is lucky as I ended up with about 60 cookies in the end that filled up an entire tin and more. As I was packing some for the parents-in-law, the Husband remarked that it was lucky that our niece and nephew visit the grandparents every week which means they get cookies too! They are definitely quite moreish as my colleagues happily told me they were on their 5th or 6th cookie at the end of the day.

Cookies were all finished on the second day!

1 comment:

  1. Yes Wee-Li - they are certainly moreish. Cookies going down - waistlines going up. Fortunately we will see our grandchildren tomorrow or they would not get a taste. Macadamia nuts and chocolateeggs are a great combination.

    ReplyDelete