Friday 16 April 2010

Creme Egg Muffins!


This was a recipe that I found on one of my favourite websites and have been waiting ages for Easter to arrive as that is the only time of the year when mini creme eggs are available.

This is an interesting recipe as the mini creme eggs are baked with the muffin dough and did not melt at all in the oven. If you pull some dough over the mini egg when you place the mini egg on top of the dough, the dough puffs up and cover the mini egg completely as you can see in the picture.

This is actually a really nice surprise when you bite into the muffin as you would not be expecting anything inside!

I gave 4 to my brother-in-law and family and the Husband's niece and nephew seem to really like them. Another 2 was given to the parents-in-law, I ate one and the reminder 5 were taken to the office, where they were well-appreciated.

I have bought another 4 bags of mini eggs on sale to bake them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment