Friday 16 April 2010

Choc-Cherry Lollipops!



I had a stash of glace cherries that I brought on sale, so I was looking for a recipe that will use as many glace cherries as possible. I also wanted to include chocolate as it was for Easter Monday, which is usually a holiday but not for hardworking Scottish companies!

I found this recipe and it was a surprise hit with the Husband and the office. Most people found it quite cute that the cookie was on an ice-cream stick, just like a big lollipop.

The cherries and chocolate pieces are meant to be pushed into the cookie dough after each cookie has been rolled and pressed into a round on the baking tray. I did not realise how well the cookie will spread when baking which is why the cherries and chocolate bits look so sparse on the cookie. Lesson learnt meant subsequent batches have more cherries and chocolate bits than before.

The recipe also stated it will make 30 cookies but I am quite sure I ended up with at least 50 cookies on sticks.

Cookies on sticks were finished in a day!

1 comment:

  1. Now that I see that Wee-Li has mentioned the dreaded phrase 'parents-in law' I can own up to being 'mother-in-law'. We love getting to taste Wee-Li's baking and got some of these cookies. they were delicious. I actually froze some of them and give our grandson one when he comes to visit. He loves them and they have kept very well in the freezer.

    ReplyDelete