Sunday 3 July 2011

Lime, White Chocolate and Macadamia Nut Cookies!


This weekend, I found a bag of macadamia nuts lurking at the back of the cupboards. Not wanting to see the nuts go to waste, I searched for macadamia nut recipes on my favourite websites. White chocolate and macadamia nuts seem to be a common combination so I was intrigued if the addition of lime zest makes any difference. The problem with using lime zest of course is that limes are quite small so one would usually need quite a few to get enough flavour. For this recipe, I used two middle sized limes to get about a tablespoon of lime zest.

This cookie is baked out of 280g plain flour, 200g sugar, 150g butter, 1/2 tspn of baking soda and powder, lime zest, 100g of nuts and 135g of white chocolate chips. A quick 10 - 12 mins in the oven and the cookies were done! The Husband has pronounced them 'quite good'.

No comments:

Post a Comment