Saturday 9 April 2011

Zesty Carrot & Ginger Loaf!


Baking from a very jet-lagged baker! To stay awake, I wanted to bake something that requires a bit more attention and found this lovely loaf recipe.

Ingredients include 140g of carrot that needs to be grated, 5 stem ginger balls that need to be chopped up into tiny pieces and an orange and lemon that require zesting. Beside the usual flour, butter, eggs and sugar, ground ginger, black pepper and treacle are also added to the batter.

As I am not a fan of ginger myself, I relied on the tastebuds of my colleagues to decide and this has turned out to be a surprise hit!

Comment from a taster: "Gingerbread was very nice. I especially liked the little pieces of ginger through the bread. Just loved the lemon topping." The Husband also stated it was pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment