Sunday 13 February 2011

Fudgy Coconut Brownies!



And of course, how can one celebrate Valentine's Day without chocolate? In a previous post, I mentioned a friend who is a huge fan of chocolate and coconut so I thought I will try to find a recipe that combines both. This lovely fudgy coconut brownie was made out of 250g butter, 100g cocoa powder, 4 eggs, 500g golden caster, 4 eggs, 100g self-raising flour and 100g desiccated coconut. I wondered why the recipe called for a large saucepan to melt the first three ingredients together and realised my saucepan was definitely not big enough when I started burning the sugar and cocoa!

However, the final brownie batter seemed to have survived the experience as the baked product was quite delicious. The Husband was quite keen to taste it before it went out to the public as he claimed I might have burnt the entire batter and rendered it inedible. Luckily, he pronounced it 'pretty good.'

No comments:

Post a Comment