Saturday 4 February 2012

Orange-Vanilla Bars!


A sweet treat this weekend! This orange-vanilla bar was meant to be an orange-almond bar but because the Husband is not a fan of almond, I adapted the recipe by substituting almond extract for vanilla extract. I kept the sprinkling of flaked almonds as I think it makes the bar look better.

This cookie bar is baked out of plain flour, orange zest, egg, baking powder, sugar, butter and vanilla extract. The dough is then shaped into 4 rectangles before they are brushed with milk and sprinkled with flaked almonds. It is a really sweet chewy cookie bar drizzled with orange icing.

I concluded that the Husband quite liked them when he took the tin out of the kitchen without telling me and ate 6 pieces! Subsequently, I realised he had also eaten a few more pieces under the baking paper layer!

No comments:

Post a Comment