Sunday 5 June 2011

Orange & Lemon Cookies!


Cookies galore this weekend! These cookies are from an old favourite cut-out cookie recipe. I bought new cookie cutters this week and I was really keen to try them out. As you can see, I got clovers, four-leaf clovers, hearts and suns. These cookie cutters are meant to cut the cookies out so that they can hang off a coffee mug but they did not turn out that well for me.

Half the dough was mixed with lemon zest to produce lemon cookies. The other half was mixed with orange zest and a tablespoon of orange juice which produced round orange cookies as the dough was then too wet for cut-outs. I also made two different types of icing to go with the cookies - lemon & orange - which makes it took me three hours for about 50 cookies.

My parents-in-law were once again my first tasters and they seemed to like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment