Saturday 6 February 2010

Seed, Oat & Fruit Bar aka Granola Bar!



Might be a reflection of the dark and depressing weather in Edinburgh today as this turned out to be quite a disaster. The whole baked product basically fell apart when I started slicing it up. Out of 20 bars I should have got, I ended up with only 14 bars. They were also not as tasty as I expected despite the high fruit and nut contents. The husband kindly asked me to put all the fallen bits into a bowl and he ate them just like granola, which is why I gave them another name in the title! I suspect if I just broke the bars into pieces and passed them off as homemade granola, I would not feel as bad about the lack of shape! And here's a picture of my homemade granola!




1 comment:

  1. Message from a lucky taster. Maybe these did not'look good' but they were delicious. I even managed to persuade myself that they were healthy eating.

    ReplyDelete