Saturday 13 February 2010

Lemon & Chocolate Chip Heart Cookies!



Happy Valentine's Day! Since I don't get to celebrate Chinese New Year in Edinburgh, I have decided just to make a huge deal of Valentine's Day instead, which is also the first day of the Year of the Tiger! My husband is also a Tiger, so here's hoping he will have a brilliant year!

So the treat for Monday will be these delicious lemon hearts with lemon icing and chocolate chip hearts. They are both made from the same shortbread dough and I just divided the dough into 2 - adding lemon zest to one and chocolate chips to the other portion. I used to find cutout cookies a hassle but I think maybe I just need to be in the right mood to be patient and a really good cookie cutter! Making 2 different types of cookies also make it less monotonous when you have to cutout 24 cookies.

The husband is a huge fan of these shortbread cookies and has managed to eat 4 in a row when I was not looking. Will see how quickly they go in the office on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment