Sunday 22 May 2011

Black & White Brownies!


These gorgeous brownies are seriously yummy! For some reason, the Husband & I have been scoffing chocolate all week so it was inevitable that chocolate will be on the baking menu this weekend. I have been hoarding this chocolatey recipe for some time now and concluded this weekend is its time to shine!

This recipe is made out of three layers - the batter is mixed out of sugar, butter, vanilla extract, eggs and flour and then divided into two halves, where 180g of melted white chocolate and 180g of milk chocolate are beaten into each portion. The bottom layer is the white chocolate batter, the second layer is 180g of white and milk chocolate chips and the third layer is the milk chocolate batter.

After the baking is done, the entire kitchen smells delicious! My parent-in-laws were my first tasters and they both seemed really pleased with the brownies! These brownies vanished in a day at the Office!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes the parents in law thought this was just wonderful. The layers were distinct with the bottom tasing almost shortbready and the top with a hint of meringue and the chocolate flavour coming through it all. I think I need to persuade Wee-Li to give me the recipe or better still to bake more.

    ReplyDelete